Friday, September 07, 2007

1 August 2007: Out of Work, Out of Excuses!



OK, if I can't go to work tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after that, just what the heck am I gonna do, and what's my excuse for not making it special?!

Within hours of confirming the dates of my new-found freedom, and with my priorities intact, I reached out to three resources that would be critical to me in the early moments of my New Life Phase:
1. Beth.
2. My lawyer.
3. Mark Houston and Kathy Cosley, ace mountain guides in the Alps. Go NOW to their website and immediately upgrade your life! (See their link over there, on the right side of this page...)

Beth and the lawyer were quick to respond, immediately helpful, swift and efficient. Mark and Kathy's treatment was more complicated, and required a short-notice trip to Grindelwald, Switzerland and Chamonix, France. I followed orders and I had a fine week of climbing.



Grindelwald, Switzerland almost feels like home, with the Wetterhorn leaning over one end of town, and the Eiger's north face and Mittellegi Ridge looming over the other...

4 comments:

Matt Pope said...

Looking forward to following along big dog!

When do your travels take you up to where the true adventure is? The Great White North! Ski chalets in the Rockies are calling Jay!

The Schields Down Under said...

We are psyched and eagerly awaiting your arrival in Chicago tomorrow! We can't wait to be part of the first incredibly exciting walk of your US trip: the 3 suburban blocks from our house to Wilmette Junior High School where we will meet Audrey and Nina after school on Monday! Wow! How can the Eiger, Wetterhorn, or any of those foreign places compare to that?

Anonymous said...

Jay, Congrats and good luck! Unemployed is good, believe me.

Hey Beth, get out of bed and fix me breakfast!

Oh, sorry, I was briefly distracted here.

Anyway, have a great time and post lots of photos!

Jim Siverts

John Kerney said...

Have a great time and post lots of picks. We will be watching your progress from Bethel and taking good care of Brit!