Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm in Wyoming. So where's Dick Cheney?

My dad was stationed in Wyoming for a while, but that was evidently quite a while after Fort Sanders closed. He was here in the Air Force during the Korean War, helping to protect us and the good Koreans from some other Koreans, all so that someday his grandchildren, and the grandchildren of good Koreans, could all be roommates together at boarding schools in New England. This worked very well, as Will and Brittany can attest.

I heard that Cheney had his house removed from Google Earth. Now that's power. I've been looking for him. I saw a Halliburton pick-up truck, and I'm pretty sure it turned in Dick's driveway, then disappeared, probably part of the Google Earth removal service.

Wyoming is big and fairly empty, and way higher than I thought. I drove all day at 6,000 - 8,000 feet above sea level.
It's not like Nebraska. There aren't any planted crops, and there really aren't all that many herds of beef critters. Lots of sagebrush, wind, sand, and dirt. There are miles and miles between houses or ranches.

I could see I-80 nine miles ahead of me!

If you zoom in wicked tight on the locomotive, you'll see it says "George Bush 41, Presidential Library." Huh? (I don't know if this is related to the whole Cheney/Google Earth thing.)


C'mon, exactly 100? Sounds fishy to me. Btw, Bondurant was near where I saw the Halliburton truck.


I drove north, on a long, rolling descent through beautiful Hoback Canyon on my way into Jackson. Natalie McMaster played on the iPod shuffle... perfect! Looks like I might have to come back on the 'cycle in these next days!


Glad to be in Grand Teton National Park! Geez, haven't been here since July.

1 comment:

Hank said...

Jay, be sure to call Jen.

Happy trails,
Hank